The NetApp and iSeek teams in Brisbane have been busy bringing to market an Object Storage Service which is backed by NetApp StorageGrid technology. The Object Storage Service is weaved into the the iSeek network and purpose built data centers to provide a robust and reliable Object Store for public consumption.
What is the iSeek Object Store? The iSeek Object Store is a data storage service that you can use to store and retrieve data from anywhere in the connected world. It has the potential for geographic redundancy and data ingress and egress points. At this time the Object Store offers:
- Multi site ingress/egress points
- Optional – Multi site data protection
- Robust metadata delivery platform
How is the iSeek Object Store different from the other Objects Stores in the market? The features that I see add real value are:
- Fixed Monthly price per TB
- All data transfers are included
- S3 and Swift Protocol access
- No limit on the number of PUT, COPY, POST, DELETE or GET requests
- Data stored in ISO27001 purpose built facilities
- ITIL Defined business process
This all translates to an easy to understand and consume service based around a fixed cost per TB model.
Object Storage Use Cases
The list of use cases are endless when it comes to Object Storage however we see customers using the Object Store in the following ways:
- Backup and Archive – Commvault, AltaVault, NetBackup etc
- NetApp FabricPool Technologies
- File Sync, share and distribution
- Corporate private dropbox (with much more control over your data) – See our friends over at CTERA
- Internet of Things Data
- Video Surveillance
- etc, etc, etc
We’ve seen big demand for a local Object Store managed by a company who you can engage with face to face to ensure that you are getting the service level you require.
Uptake has sky rocketed since the service was launched. If you’re looking for Object Storage we believe that iSeek’s offering is a great addition to any organisation large or small. Get on-board now! For more info contact you friendly iSeek team.